Take the stress test
answer yes or no
How stressed are you?
While few, if any of us, can hope for a totally stress-free life, there's no doubt that too much stress is bad for your health and wellbeing. Try our quiz to check whether life is getting to you and what you can do to change things for the better.
Answer yes or no to the following questions
- Have you recently experienced the death of someone close to you?
- Have you recently been through a divorce or the break-up of a serious relationship?
- Do you feel under pressure in the work you do and feel that you aren't meeting your own and others' expectations?
- Do you spend more time at work or thinking about your job than you really want to?
- Do you have trouble getting to sleep or wake frequently at night?
- Do you ever feel that family and friends ask too much of you?
- Do you ever feel that life is out of your control and that others are pulling all the strings?
- Have you lost touch with close friends and family or do you see them less than you used to?
- Do you regularly have symptoms such as an upset
- stomach, backache and headaches and catch one cold after another?
- Do you lose your temper or cry easily when things go wrong?
- Are you too busy or tired to take regular exercise?
- priority, even if it means taking time from your other responsibilities.
- Do you find it almost impossible to relax and 'switch off' in your free time?
- Do you find it hard to take time out just for yourself or feel guilty when you do?
- Do other people ever comment that you seem stressed or tense?
How did you do?
Say 'YES' to each event that has occurred in your life during the last two years. Then, decide on a number, which describes how upsetting the event was for you. For example, 1 represents not upsetting, 10 represents very upsetting.
Make a note of your number of yes and click here
You'll have more to work with, but it will feel harder at first. Equally, if you're suffering from serious depression, schizophrenia or other mental difficulties, take medical advice before starting meditation. It may not help you at all, or your medication may make it harder for you to do the practice.
New for 2016 Water Relaxation The therapeutic powers of air, water and heat have long been used to stimulate and soothe both mind and body. Today these same vital elements combine in an Airbath, to provide a whole-body hydrotherapy experience unlike any other.
Spa Breaks in the UK: We have created a unique service that offers customers the ability to make a spa and hotel reservation, book spa treatments or buy a range of spa experience gift vouchers, online or by phone. We only work with spas that we have visited and hand-selected for their quality, professionalism and the excellent service they offer. Different spas offer different facilities and our detailed knowledge allows us to work with all our customers to ensure that your spa day or spa break offers you the treatments, surroundings and facilities you want at a price you can afford. See spa breaks.
Spa Hotels / Hen Party Spas / Spa Gift Vouchers / Day Spa Packages / Golf and Spa Resorts we have it all